Sundarbans Excursion With Rocket Steamer
Location: Dhaka, Bagerhat, Mongla, Sundarbans, Khulna.
Tour Attraction: Old Dhaka, Rocket, Sundarbans.
Best Time To Visit: October-April
Arrival to departure package to visit 02 World Heritage Sight in Bangladesh – Sundarbans and Bagerhat, including an overnight journey on a century old paddle steamer called Rocket, and experiencing the life and sights at Old Dhaka. Sundarbans is the largest mangrove forest on earth., home of Bengal Tigers and many birds and wildlife. Best tour to experience Sundarbans.
On this tour, after visiting Old Dhaka the whole day and before embarking paddle steamer in the evening, we’ll take you back to your hotel in the evening for shower, which will significantly improve your experience, as there is no facilities for shower on Rocket and you have yet another day ahead before reaching your next hotel at Mongla.
A guide of us will meet you inside the airport, pick you Up and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight stay at Dhaka.
Day-02: Old Dhaka and Rocket
Pick-up hotel lobby at 8.00 H and visit Dhakeshwari Temple, Lalbagh Fort, Khan Mohammad, Mridha Mosque, Armenian Church, Star Mosque, Ahsan Manzil and Sadarghat River Ferry Terminal. Take lunch at a local restaurant. Return to hotel and have couple of hours for shower. Enjoy a short boat ride at river Buriganga in the evening On a wooden boat to feel the rhythm of the live and Vibrant river and enjoy sunset. Embark Rocket Steamer at Sadarghat River Station at 18.00 H. A memorable overnight journey in Rocket Steamer to Hularhat. (Sleeping Cabin)
Day-03: UNESCO World Heritage City Bagerhat
Enjoy the beauty of Bangladesh from Rocket Steamer. Disembark from Rocket at Hularhat. Drive to Bagerhat, visit Bagerhat and is an UNESCO protected World Heritage site in Bangladesh. You’ll visit The 60 Dome Mosque, 09 Dome Mosque, Rono Bijoypur Mosque and Singair Mosque. Also we’ll take you to visit The shrine of Khan Jahan Ali. Drive toward Mongla. Overnight at Mongla (Parjatan Hotel Pasur)
Day-04: Sundarbans: Kochikhali
Transfer to our waiting boat toward Sundarbans. Stop on a forest Station to complete formalities and continue toward Kochikhali. We’ll taking you through rewarding narrow canals is the main point of this Private tour on a small boat, where is your best chance To spot a tiger and many wildlife. We’ll reach Kochikhali in the evening. Overnight stay on the boat in a sleeping cabin.
Day-05: Sundarbans: Kochikhali & Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary
Ride a wooden rowboat on a canal in the morning in Search wildlife. Back to the main boat and have breakfast. Start hiking on the forest from Kochikhali forest station toward the Jamtola Beach. Spend an Hour on the beach. Reach Kotka station and transfer to our waiting boat. Go to the watch tower at Kotka and seat there rest of The evening. Overnight Stay on the boat in a sleeping cabin.
Day-06: Sundarbans: Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary
Go for a boat ride on the small row boat. Return to The main boat and have breakfast. We’ll start our journey toward Mongla from here through other small rivers and canals. Reach Mongla in the Afternoon and drive to Khulna (1.5 hrs). Overnight stay at Khulna (Hotel Royal International)
Day-07: Khulna – Dhaka
After breakfast, transfer to Khulna Railway Station. Depart for Dhaka on Chitra Express. Arrive Dhaka and transfer to Hotel. Overnight stay at Dhaka (Fours Point By Sheraton)
Transfer to airport according to your flight, say good Bye. End of the tour.
Royal Bengal Tiger
- All airport transfer at Dhaka.
- 07 Nights accommodation in hotels and boat cabin as mentioned in the itinerary, with complementary breakfast.
- Lunch on Day-02 on a decent local restaurant (authentic Local food)
- All meals, drinking water, tea and coffee while on the boat at Sundarbans for three days on Day-04,05 and 06.
- 1st class cabin on Rocket Paddle Steamer to Hularhat on Twin sharing basis.
- Air-conditioned car, driver and English speaking guide.
- 5,500 BDT per person forest permission fee for Sundarbans.
- All tips except our guide, driver and boat crew.
- Any food, drinks or beverage other than mentioned above.
- 1,200 BDT fee for video camera (If need any)
- Any personal item.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum 02 person is required to book this tour outside the scheduled tour. Solo travelers can only join the scheduled tours.
- This tour is available to start on any Saturday, Monday, Or Friday – round the year.
- 1st class tickets of Rocket and Train depends on availability. You might have to travel on the 2nd class if 1st class is not available. Only difference on 1st and 2nd class on the Rocket is, 2nd class is located in the back side, and have no air-conditioning. Other facilities are same. Passengers of 2nd class can use all the facilities of 1st class, e.h. dining area, sitting area on the front side etc.
- On Monday and Thursday, a traditional ferry comes in service instead of the paddle steam boats. If you book for these days, You have to travel on the traditional ferry instead of a paddle Wheel streamer.
- If for some unexpected reason Rocket ticket is not available at all, we’ll take you up to Barisal by atraditional ferry (overnight part) and from Barisal to Hularhat on the Rocket (daytime journey part).
- In case of traveling on the 2nd class of train, you’ll have a reserved seat.
- Itinerary of Sundarbans Tour is just a general outline and not fixed. It could be changed depending on the season, moon phase, day light hours, tide and fog. But we’ll try to include all the places and activities mentioned in the itinerary as much as possible.
- The boat for Sundarbans is a very basic boat without air-conditioning, electricity and running hot water (we will supply them on bucket). It has accommodation facilities for 08 person in max and one western style toilet. But we have a large boat too to arrange tour for bigger groups.
- The cabin in the boat at Sundarbans are lit by small lights running on battery. We’ll run the generator in the evening for couple of hours everyday to charge your devices.
- You’ll get mobile phone signal of Grameen Phone on the first half Day-04. In Kotka, a new network signal tower of Teletalk opened recently, so yo’ll get full network coverage of only Teletalk in Kotka with 2G internet network facilities which is very slow. No other SIM card will work inside other parts of the forest.
- For trekking in the forest on day-05, the land is flat and we will not go through very dense forest, so it will be easy for most of the people, as long as you can walk about 10 Km. The trail is dry, not muddy. Bring covered shoes which is suitable for trekking and can protect you from small grass and trees with spikes.
- If you do not want to walk, you can remain on the boat which will be still enjoyable, as it will go from Kochikhali to Kotka through small canals, which will be a ride of about 03 hours.
- Single supplement is applicable for the hotels only. You might not be provided separate cabins on Rocket and on the boat at Sundarbans, even if you pay for the single supplement, based on the availability.
- Citizens of EU, USA, Australia, Canada, Russia and some Asian countries can get Visa on Arrival in Bangladesh, which is a pretty straight-forward process. Although there is a rule to take visa beforehand if you have a Bangladesh mission on the country where you are coming from, this rule is completely overlooked. They never check where you are coming from. They only check if you are a national of a country which are eligible for VOA and directly issue the Visa.
- Unless there is a long Que for VOA, it will take just 10 minutes of your time to get VOA. Fee for most of the country is $51 USD. You’ll not require any previous application or anything else to get the Visa. However, they will ask you for your hotel reservation and a phone number of the hotel. Simply show our details itinerary which we will send you once you confirm your booking, where all the hotel information will be written. They will be happy enough to give you a VOA of maximum 30 days Check for more information on visa on arrival for Bangladesh.
- ATM Availability: Although Bangladesh has many ATMs, some of these do not accept foreign cards – your guide can give advice on which ATMs to use but we do not advise relying on ATMs alone for money.
- Credit and Debit Card Acceptance: Cards are generally only accepted in the more expensive shops and restaurants.
- Local Currency: Taka
- Recommended Currency for Exchange: US Dollar, Pounds, Euro.
- Where to Exchange: There are a number of exchange houses in large towns and cities.
- All the breakfasts, 03 lunches and 02 dinners are included on the trip. You need to pay for rest of the lunches and dinners during your trip. A meal on a decent local restaurant will cost about $5-$7 USD.
- Tea and Soft drinks are very cheap. Mineral water is widely available.
- Bangladesh is a secular Muslim country and whilst the people are very liberal and friendly, alcohol is not widely available. There are only a couple of hotels on the trip which have a bar, and even at these establishments you cannot usually drink in the restaurant. Local beer, when available, costs approx. $5 USD for a 300ml can and a measure of spirits is similarly priced. Wine is not available. It may sometimes be possible to purchase alcohol outside the hotels, but it is prohibited to consume in public places. There is a duty freeon arrival in Dhaka airport (before immigration) and you are permitted two bottles of spirits per person.
- In Dhaka, there are some wire houses from where you can buy alcohol showing your Foreign passport. But they only sell whole cartons of usually 24 bottles/cans.
- Tipping is a common practice is Asia. Bangladesh, most workers will expect a small tip, anything from 50 Taka upwards depending on the service provided. At the end of the tour, if your principle guide, together with the driver and the boat crews have been helpful then you could think about tipping them. Normally guest give them $100 USD tip for total trip. But that is obviously your choice. The amount can obviously be left to you.
- Booking this tour at least 03 weeks in advance is advised.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate