2-Day Medieval Transylvania with Brasov,Sibiu and Sighisoara Tour from Bucharest
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Day 1: Bucharest - Sinaia - Bran - Brasov - Sighisoara
Pass By: Triumph Arch, Bucharest
On the first day you will be picked up from Bucharest and we will drive towards the beautiful Prahova Valley.
Stop At: Peles Castle, Sinaia, Prahova County, Southern Romania
Our first stop will be at the imposing and magnificent palace of Peles. Built by the royal family of Romania during the 19th century, this palace offers an insight of 19th century German Renaissance style of decorations.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Bran, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
The next stop will be in Bran Castle, known also as Dracula’s Castle. The imposing construction watches over a valley from a strategic position, it was originally built as a fortress at the former border between Wallachia and Transylvania. Together we shall discover the connection between the legendary ruler, Vlad the Impaler, and the infamous vampire.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Brasov Historical Center, Brasov, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
In the afternoon we will head to the city of Brasov, a city that retains its medieval charm with the help of its well kept historical center. Our walking tour of this lovely town starts from the main square from where we shall admire the old City Hall with its clock tower, the monumental Gothic Black Church, the fortifications, the two watch towers up the hill, the craftsmen guilds and the narrowest street in Europe.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Sighisoara Historic Center, Sighisoara, Mures County, Central Romania, Transylvania
In the evening sets in we will reach Sighisoara, where you will be accommodated.
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a centrally located hotel in Sighisoara.
Day 2: Sighisoara - Sibiu - Bucharest
Stop At: Sighisoara Historic Center, Sighisoara, Mures County, Central Romania, Transylvania
After breakfast, we will go on a walking tour of the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, one of the very few permanently inhabited citadels in Europe. This is also the birthplace of the legendary Vlad Dracula, whose house we will see, after which we will climb to the top of the 500 year old clock tower for a fantastic view over the town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Biertan Fortified Church, Biertan, Sibiu County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Head for Biertan Fortified Church UNESCO Heritage site, to visit one of the most important fortified church in Transylvania.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Sibiu Travel, Sibiu, Sibiu County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Next stop will be Sibiu, also known as Hermannstadt. This is the heart of the German community living in Romania, the German Saxons having lived here for over 800 years. A former European capital of culture, Sibiu boasts many great sights from medieval times when it was a citadel: the Great Square, the Brukenthal Museum and an infamous Bridge of Lies.
Afterwards, we drive along the spectacular Olt river valley going back to Bucharest.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Your location of choice (hotel or another address in Bucharest)
Sighisoara old town
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation 3* hotels or guesthouses
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour (maximum 6 people per group)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees ( 20 euros per person)
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Biertan Fortified Church
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible, due to uneven surfaces
- There is a 30 Euro single supplement to be paid directly to the guide at the departure if you require a single room
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.