Game of Thrones Filming Locations in Belfast, Northern Ireland
— Highlights —
• Wander Giant’s Causeway and admire the towering basalt columns along the coast
• Learn behind-the-scenes secrets about the Game of Thrones production from your expert guide
• Recognize King’s Road (Dark Hedges) and the Iron Islands (Ballintoy Harbour) from the hit series, Game of Thrones
• Trace the exciting journey of the Starks and Greyjoys
• Take advantage of convenient round-trip transportation from Dublin
- What You Can Expect -
Step into the fantastic world of George RR Martin’s masterpiece. Depart from Dublin, Northern Island and head to Game of Thrones territory in Belfast.
Begin at the Dark Hedges, or “King’s Road” on the show, and stroll beneath the dramatic tree tunnel. Admire the dense forest foliage and recall Arya Stark’s escape from King’s Landing. Even non-Game of Thrones fans will admire its eerie, fairytale-like atmosphere.
Take a scenic drive into the Antrim Coast, and drink in the spectacular seascapes. Admire the deep, verdant glens and stony shores. Then, make your way to the Belfast’s Giant’s Causeway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at the 40,000 stacked basalt columns emerging from the sea, the result of an ancient volcanic eruption. These dramatic rocks, often nicknamed the “stepping stones,” have inspired legends of Irish giants walking across the sea.
Make your way to Ballintoy Harbour and wander the picturesque fishing village nearby. Imagine Theon Greyjoy returning to the Iron Islands and meeting his sister Yara, and baptizing him in the name of the Drowned God. Learn behind-the-scenes secrets from your expert guide.
Complete your trip with leisure time around beautiful Belfast. Admire the city and grab a bite or two at a local restaurant before returning to Dublin.
Immerse yourself in the epic world of Game of Thrones on this Belfast day tour.
- Important Info -
・ Departure Point: Dublin City Gallery, The Hugh Lane
・ Departure Time: 06:45am
・ Duration: ~14 hrs