Day Tour from Kumamoto: Aoi Aso Shrine and Hitoyoshi Onsen
* Please note that bookings will be confirmed from May 7, 2019 due to Golden Week holidays in Japan (April 27 - May 6, 2019)
・Tour to the Aoi Aso Shrine, a national treasure of Japan
・Take a relaxing dip in an outdoor hot spring bath at Hitoyoshi Onsen
・Enjoy convenient round-trip transfer services from Kumamoto
－What You Can Expect－
Sit back and relax as the shuttle bus whisks you to from Kumamoto to Hitoyoshi.
Begin your day tour with a relaxing dip in an outdoor onsen at a "ryokan," a traditional Japanese inn as you admire the Kuma River or try to spot the Hitoyoshi Castle in the distance. To satisfy your hunger pangs, feast on a delectable traditional meal set for lunch.
Head to the Aoi Aso Shrine, a shrine of worship for the locals. Pass the two-storied gate, marvel at the massive thatched roof before you make your way to the front shrine, the votive offering hall, the tower, and the main shrine. Observe the detailed engravings and intricate patterns of the architecture that dates back to as early as the 17th century. Stroll under the shade of vermilion torii gates and take in the solemn, traditional, and spiritually charged atmosphere in the grounds of the Aoi Aso Shrine.
Unwind from the urban grind and embark on a day tour to the Aoi Aso Shrine and Hitoyoshi Onsen.
・Departure Times and Locations:
- 9:45am: JR Kumamoto Station No. 3 Boarding Point (3 Chome KasugaNishi Ward, Kumamoto, 860-0047, Japan)
- 10:00am: Kumamoto Kotsu Center No.25 Boarding Point (7 Hanabatachō, Chūō-ku, Kumamoto, 860-0806, Japan)
・Duration: ~8 hrs
- 5:41pm: Kumamoto Kotsu Center
- 5:49pm: JR Kumamoto Station
* Please provide your preferred returning point in the 'Notes' section when booking
・This tour may accommodate a max. of 10 travelers
・Free admission for children under age 6, must not occupy a seat
・Please provide your preferred returning point in the 'Notes' section when booking
・Meals cannot be customized and are subject to change, please consider before booking
・This is a tour without tour guide
・Vouchers will be sent within 1 month from departure date. If you've booked within 1 month, you will receive your voucher once booking is confirmed
・Bookings will be confirmed after KKday has confirmed available seats with the local agency