Small-Group Day Tour of Moët et Chandon and Taittinger with Champagne Tasting from Reims
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
You will start your day with a nice 30 minutes drive toward Epernay. Guided tour and tasting at a Grande Maison de Champagne in Epernay: Moët & Chandon* (visit "Imperial Tour" and tasting fees included). King Edwards VII’s coronation, Cannes Film Festival, the 120th anniversary of the Liberty Statue, etc…the world famous Moet and Chandon, producer of the Dom Perignon, is linked with most of the important events of the history. It is probably now the most famous Champagne brand around the world! You will end the tour with a glass of Champagne.
Stroll along the Avenue de Champagne in the town of Epernay, known as the "Capital of Champagne". Its main street is like an exhibition of opulent mansions housing the most illustrious Maisons de Champagne: Moët & Chandon, Perrier-Jouet, Mercier, etc. Their cellar caves would represent 100km of tunnels under the pavement!
On the way to Reims, we take you to the Marne Valley on a journey through the vineyard to meet with another prestigious figure: Dom Pérignon who finalized the process to elaborate Champagne. He highly contributed to the fame of Champagne and is now buried in the church of the former Benedictine Abbey of Hautvillers.
Lunch at your leisure upon your guide's recommendations (not included).
Sightseeing of Reims. Reims is known for its important history and also thanks to the famous Grandes Maison de Champagne it welcomes. You will enjoy the sight of Veuve Cliquot, Taittinger, Pommery, etc., many names that contributed to make Champagne the most festive wine of the world!
Tour and Champagne tasting at Taittinger* (visit "l'Instant Premier" and tasting fees included). Located in the great regions of wine-growing Champagne, the Champagne Taittinger vines cover 288 hectares evenly distributed over 34 different vineyards, which include some of the appellation’s finest. With varietals consisting of 50% Pinot Noir, 15% Pinot Meunier and 35% Chardonnay, the Taittinger vineyard is an unsurpassed example of that House’s own style of wine , in which Chardonnay plays such a significant role.
*Subject to availability: Taittinger could be replaced by Mumm or Pommery, and Moët & Chandon could be replaced by Mercier or De Castellane. Tastings included.
Return around 05.00pm.
Visit of Moet & Chandon's cellars
- Professional driver-guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Guided visits as per the itinerary
- 2 Champagne tastings
- Entry/Admission - Moet et Chandon Champagne Cellars
- Entry/Admission - Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Reims
- Entry/Admission - Champagne Taittinger
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other tastings
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note, the tour departs from Reims. If you are not staying in Reims, you will have to book and pay for your own transport to get there, this is not included in the tour. The tour departs from the local tourist office (address given on voucher)
- Please note that the visits at the Grandes Maisons de Champagne (such as Moet and Taittinger) will be done in English.
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide (up to 2 languages spoken in a group)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Guaranteed departure
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.