Intermediate Bighorn Sheep Canyon Whitewater Rafting Trip
Floating past spectacular geological formations and views of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range as you run exciting Class II-III rapids. This trip is suitable for first timers or experienced rafters with great views and lots of adventure. You will run the best 10 miles of whitewater in Bighorn Sheep Canyon and perfect for families, groups or individuals looking to experience whitewater rafting in Colorado for the first time or tenth time. Great views and adventure! 2 to 3 hours on the water. This is the only trip that can start out of either of our locations.
You will show up 45 minutes prior to your launch time and check in with your friendly office staff. They will send you over to meet your guides for the day and they will outfit you with your gear and inform you of what the conditions will be like for the day. After that you will attend a comprehensive safety orientation so that your are prepared for anything to come on the river. Then you will head to the river and start your adventure!! After a quick drive to the put-in you will be given some paddling instructions and then you will be on your way. You will encounter rapids like Prelude, 3 Rocks, Sharks Tooth and Spikebuck to name a few while learning proper paddling technique, enjoying the scenery and laughing with your crew at the corny jokes your guide makes as they create a wonderful experience for you and your group.
• MINIMUM AGE: 8 years old.
• CLASS: III-IV
• CHECK IN TIMES: 8:45 am and 12:45 pm
• LAUNCH TIMES: 9:30 am and 1:30 pm daily
• MEETING LOCATION: Our Canon City Office. (49311 US Highway 50, Canon City 81212
• Arrive 45 minutes prior to launch time
Morning Bighorn Sheep Canyon 08:45
We launch our 1/2 day trip in the morning and in the afternoon for rafters on a tight schedule wanting a shorter river experience. This trip is 10 miles of the best whitewater in Bighorn Sheep Canyon.
Afternoon Bighorn Sheep Canyon 12:45
We launch our 1/2 day trip in the afternoon for rafters on a tight schedule wanting a shorter river experience. This trip is 10 miles of the best whitewater in Bighorn Sheep Canyon.
Smiling On the River With ART
- Parking Fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Live commentary on board
- Use of Helmet/Life Vest/Splash Jacket
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- The listed price does not include the wetsuit and wetsuit bootie rentals. You are not required to rent these items but they are here if you need them.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended dress code is no cotton. Anything synthetic such as swimwear, workout gear, and sandals/sneakers with a heel. No flip flops for crocks!
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 175 travelers