Kayak tours on a majestic isolated coastline & a tour Pu'uhonua o Honaunau Park
This is a typical itinerary for this product
We begin our day at Honaunau Beach Park with
an informative briefing to ensure your
safety. We then head due north approximately
two and a half miles following the rugged
coastline. This stretch of coastline is very
isolated. Once we begin our trip and leave the
bay of Honaunau, there are no points of exit
due to the rugged nature of the coastline. If the
water is calm, we will explore the mysterious
sea caves lining the coast.
That is what makes our trip so very special — it
is just our small group surrounded by the beauty
of Mother Nature. The only sounds you shall
hear will be the calls of the seabirds and the
crashing of waves on the coast. If we are lucky,
we may be visited by a pod of dolphins that
regularly frequent the area.
At the half-way point, we take a refreshment
break consisting of local tropical fruits and
beverages while your guide shares stories about
the rich history and geology of the area before
returning to Honaunau Beach.
After an enchanting paddle, you will enjoy a
scrumptious buffet lunch under the palm trees
at the City of Refuge, Pu’uhonua O Honaunau.
Once we are well rested, you will be able to
tour the National Park at your own pace while
being swept into the ancient ways of old Hawaii.
The State Park, nicknamed “Two Steps,” is
also known for some of the most incredible
snorkeling in the Hawaiian Islands, so bring your
snorkel gear for after the trip.
Duration: 7 hours
Location: Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park, Honaunau, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
Starting our day.
- Lunch - Scrumptious buffet lunch
- Snacks - Fresh tropical fruits & coconut water
- Ice water - NRS water booties
- Entry/Admission - Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park
- Private transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to the weight capacity of our boats; weight must not exceed 210 lbs.
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers