Khinalig - 5000 years old village trip
Khinalig - it is the oldest settlement in Azerbaijan situated on the northern slope of the Main Caucasian Ridge at an altitude of 2100-2200 m. above sea level. The residents of the village consider themselves as direct descendants of the biblical Noah. History of Khinalig is dating back more than 5000 years. For many centuries this village was cut off from civilization by hard-to-reach mountains with dangerous rocky cliffs.
Nowadays there are about 380 houses, which are 200-300 years old. The houses are built closely: the roof of one house serves as a patio for another located above, it happened because of steep slopes surrounding village.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: State Historical, Architectural and Ethnographic Reserve Khinalig, Khinalug, Guba-Khachmaz Region
Khinalig is one of the oldest and highest villages of Azerbaijan. It is more than 5000 years old.
Duration: 6 hours
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate