My Guided Trip - Orthodox Monasteries in Montenegro Private Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ostrog Monastery, Niksic, Niksic Municipality
Ostrog Monastery is one of the most visited religious places when it comes to Orthodox Christianity. We will first visit the Lower monastery of Saint Trinity and then we will proceed to the Upper Monastery to see the remains of ‘Saint Basil’, the most respected Saint in our tradition and Montenegrin Orthodox Christianity. Here we will spend some time to take photos and hear the fascinating stories about this legendary holy place.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dajbabe Monastery, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality
Dajbabe Monastery is very characteristic because of its shape. We will enter the monastery cave that is shaped like a cross and hear the interesting legends of the place, and see its old fresco painted walls.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Petar of Cetinje Monument, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality
We will make a short stop at the Cetinje Monastery and its church, followed by a visit to the Cipuri church.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monastery Zdrebaonik, Danilovgrad, Danilovgrad Municipality
Zdrebaonik Monastery is a female monastery, with a church built in the 19th Century, dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel. This church is positioned in the beautiful plain of Bjelopavlici and it represents one of the best organized Monasteries in the region.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Licensed tour guide
- Drive in a standard sedan vehicle, minivan or minibus
- Ostrog monastery tourist tax for 5+ people
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ostrog Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Dajbabe Monastery
- Entry/Admission - St. Petar of Cetinje Monument
- Entry/Admission - Monastery Zdrebaonik
- Drinks and snacks that you buy during the tour, visits to restaurants and bars.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate