Private Appian Bike Tour
The ancient road has an intriguing history, so listen to your guide’s commentary whenever you stop. Built to connect Rome to the port city of Brindisi, the Appian Way later became an early Christian burial site with underground catacombs. Stop to explore one of the famous ones, the San Callisto Catacombs, which were built in the middle of the 2nd century.
Continue past the ruined Circus of Maxentius as you pedal over ancient cobbles, laid by the Romans. See the Tomb of Cecilia Metella, a symbol of the Appian Way.
Your tour goes on through the Caffarella Park, where you can admire incredible ruins such as the Nymphaeum of Egeria, the Tomb of Annia Regilla, Roman cistern and the Aurelian Wall, more than visit the Catacombs After roughly four hours on your bike, you’ll finish back at the start point.
WHAT YOU WILL SEE:
• Circus Maximus
• Caracalla’s Bath
• Aurelian walls
• Ancient Appian Way,
• Circus of Maxentius
• Roman Tombs
• Archeological Appian Park
• Roman Aqueduct
• And much more …
The ride includes a detailed explanation of the archeological evidence along the way , especially concernig the aqueducts, the crown jewel of the roman engineerin. The ride is made more impressive by the surrounding nature where the ruins are deep in. The tour is mede more special by the soft drink offerred to each participant along the way.
Tour options and pricingEdit
Private Appian Way am
Private bike tour on the Appian way with official guide. Departure time 9:00 am
- City Bike (o sup.
- INSURANCE Towards damage to third parties
- Light front and rear
- soft drink x each participant
- Catacombes visit
- UNDER HELMET Hygienic bandana (+2
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints, or other serious medical conditions
- Not available for children under 10 years old
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate