Taipei Old Town Dadoucheng Neighborhood Walking Tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Walk to the Yongle Market, the largest wholesale and retail center of fabric in Taiwan. After a short visit at the market, you will continue your tour to Xiahai Chenghuang Temple. Many unmarried people come to Xiahai Chenghuang Temple to worship Yue Lao, the matchmaker deity. It is said that Yue Lao can help the single woman or man find their significant other.
Walking around Dadaocheng, you can see the old buildings still remain. First, visit Chuang Hsieh-Fa Historical Lecture Pavilion which is used to be the first grocery store in Dadaocheng. Then, pass by Lee Chun-Sheng Church, built in memory of the famous Dadaocheng tea merchant and ardent philanthropist, Lee Chun-sheng. Visit Lin Fu-Jhen shop on Dihua Street, the oldest grocery store in Dadaocheng and passed down 5 generations. Purchase some Chinese herbs and medicines, dried goods, fabrics and selection of teas.
Speaking of tea, your next visit is the 100 year old Wang Tea Shop. Nowadays, the shop is dedicated to promoting the knowledge about Chinese tea. You'll have a chance to see the tea expert making tea and understand more about the knowledge of tea.
The final stop will be Ningxia Night Market, the oldest night market in Taipei, with more than 100 years worth of history. At the market, do not forget to taste the rice balls, braised snacks, oyster omelet, taro balls and many other delicious Taiwanese snacks. The tour will end at Ningxia Night Market.
Minimum 1 pax per order
Minimum 10 pax per order
Minimum 2 pax per order
Minimum 3 pax per order
Minimum 4 pax per order
Minimum 5 pax per order
Minimum 6 pax per order
Minimum 7 pax per order
Minimum 8 pax per order
Minimum 9 pax per order
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from a designated meeting point
- Private walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants