Walter Peak High Country Farm Tour and Cruise from Queenstown
- Instant Confirmation
- Ideal choice for families
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free snacks included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Upon arrival at the Colonel's Homestead, treat yourself to some home baked goodies as well as tea and coffee while admiring the surrounding views of the lake and mountains. Next you can choose to take a wander through the beautiful lakeside gardens.
Included in your visit to Walter Peak is a farmyard walking tour, viewing the livestock including sheep, highland cattle, deer and goats. Your hosts will work the sheep dogs and explain high country mustering practices, plus a demonstration on the art of wool spinning. After your farm tour, return to Queenstown across the lake aboard the TSS Earnslaw.
This South Island tourism operator was recognized as one of the highest achievers at the 2007 New Zealand Tourism Industry Awards. A company delivering quality products winning the Conservation in Action Award and the Qualmark Mark of Quality Award.
Departs at 10am
Departs at 12pm
Departs at 2pm
Walter Peak High Country Farm Tour
- Cruise on the steamship TSS Earnslaw from Queenstown to Walter Peak
- Farm tour at Walter Peak Homestead
- Afternoon tea
- Live commentary on board
- Entry/Admission - Real Journeys - TSS Earnslaw Vintage Steamship Cruises
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- When the TSS Earnslaw is on her annual survey a smaller boat will substitute. The next survey will be during dates 01 June - 5 July 2019.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate