White Island Helicopter Flight and Volcano Walking Tour
- Scenic air tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Situated 31 miles (50 km) offshore from the North Island, White Island lies within the Taupo Volcanic Zone. Its main vent, located below sea level and protected by crater walls, is responsible for the activity in the island’s crater lake. Upon landing on the moon-like surface, start your 1- to 1.5-hour leisurely walking tour of the crater floor to see fumaroles (active steam vents), hot streams and ever-changing features like sulphur formations.
Walk through old mining ruins to view the weathered remains of a factory abandoned in 1933, and hear from your informative guide about the island's history, geology, wildlife and vegetation, such as gannet colonies and the remnants of a once-thriving pohutukawa forest.
On your return flight to Rotorua, take in aerial views of the Bay of Plenty.
Helicopter tour departs at 12pm, returning approximately 3pm
Helicopter tour departs at 9am, returning approximately 12pm
White Island Volcanic Tour
- Professional pilot-guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to comfort and balance of the aircraft, the maximum per seat limit is 297 lbs (135 kg)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund